The Nektar Project  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2004 Onwards > New Releases & Re-Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Nektar Project Forum

Fight Spam! Click Here!

Live in Bremen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marvellous Moses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Live in Bremen
    Posted: Aug/07/2017 at 00:47
I was just listening to the new Live in Bremen CD and although I enjoyed  hearing it, it also made me feel sad that I will never again have another chance to see Roye, Ron & Klaus perform. The songs on the disc sound rough and not as polished as the original versions, but are still a testament to the musical ability and great songwriting that I associate with the Nektar name. God bless you Mr. Albrighton, and thank you for the wonderful songs that you gave us over the years. I know I am not alone in missing you. Thanks also to Ron, Mo, Taff, Klaus, Mick and all the others who contributed to making the amazing Nektar soundscapes that I enjoy so much.
Clean The Scene
Change Machines
MickBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2017 at 18:43
I agree. The later renditions of the classic catalog are rougher and less "precise".. however, all the newer material has an excitement and urgency to grab the audience with yet another side of Nektar, which Roye began to bring to the table in 2004. Yes Roye is sorely missed.... but stay tuned.
Mick.
srtd4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srtd4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2017 at 20:52
Very curious about this statement:  "Yes Roye is sorely missed.... but stay tuned."
Scott
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic